Chandler Online Academy Cheating/Plagiarism Policy
- Incidents of cheating/plagiarism will be handled as follows:
- 1st offense = student redo assignment for partial credit
- 2nd offense = no credit for assignment + referral
- 3rd offense = removal from course + F on student transcript + referral
- * In an incident where a student turns in more than three assignments at one time that have been cheated or plagiarized, 3rd offense rules apply.
- Students found cheating on a final exam will receive an automatic zero for the final, which will result in an F on their transcript. Infractions include:
- Operating any electronic device once the exam has started.
- Accessing any website away from their exam module.
- Using any notes other than their hand-written 3x5 notecard.
- Any other action used to gain an unfair advantage.
- Cheating / plagiarism policy will be posted on the Chandler Online Academy website and included in the student handbook.
- Administration will include the cheating / plagiarism policy on the welcome letter emailed to all students/parents.
- Teachers will include cheating / plagiarism policy on their introduction pages, as well as on class correspondence throughout the course.